A nice tailored striped shirt, classic and a little boyish, it is something that I always loved. For me, the perfect striped shirt has to be blue with white stripes but I must admit that I’ve just ordered one in white with black (faded) stripes. Hence I cannot wait for this delivery to come to show you the new addiction in my wardrobe and how I’m going to style it.
I’ll stop wandering now and let’s finally move to the
5 reasons why you must have a striped shirt in your wardrobe
1. First reason it that a perfectly tailored striped shirt is a timeless piece. So, for example, if you look at the one I’m wearing here, this is a Stella Jean striped shirt of a couple of seasons ago, but it is still actual and trendy. Maybe this shirt is more into trends now than when I bought it. Therefore if you will wisely choose yours, you will be never bored of it.
2. Secondly, the striped shirt is really versatile as you can play it up or down. First of all you can style it with black tailored trousers for your business wear or with white flared pants for a summer cocktail party or even with jeans (as I did) for a more relaxed vibe.
3. Moreover, you can choose your shirt fitted or oversized…or both (always a great option). While the fitted version works better with relaxed trousers, the oversized can be also used off-the-shoulders.
4. As a consequence of choosing a striped shirt with some extra detail, as super-long sleeves, ruffles of lace-up, you will reach immediately a more contemporary style. Therefore, my suggestion would be to keep the rest of the outfit simple so that the striped shirt can be show off piece.
5. In addition to the above reasons, it is a perfect beach holiday staple. Could you imagine how cool would be a long oversized striped shirt just worn over your black swimsuit or either matched with a contrasting print?!? Obviously the first one that came to my mind is the tropical/palm tree so popular right now.
At the bottom of the post you will find my selection of some striped shirt I actually love for you to shop. Please have a look and let me know what you think.